Can I just say how much I love long weekends? I think we should all advocate for four day work weeks and three day weekends, whose with me? Today is Family Day in Ontario, which means that I did not have to go into work today! I am so thrilled to have an extra day to rest and be productive.
With this extra day off, I thought about starting a new series on my blog…all about setting intentions! Generally speaking, every Sunday I will think about my week ahead and reflect on my intentions & short/long term goals.
By setting intentions, it allows me to set a specific tone for that given week. If you find weekly intentions too onerous, you can also try to make monthly or even yearly intentions. Perhaps you’re an overachiever and would like to do all three…like me 🙂
One of the most important things to remember when you are setting intentions or making goals; is they need to be realistic and attainable. Have you ever heard of SMART goals? This theory outlines that in order to create effective goal they should be: Specific, Measurable, Attainable/Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound.
The purpose behind setting these intentions is to not make yourself feel bad at the end of the week when you’ve haven’t “accomplished” any of your goals. But rather, an important reminder to live more mindfully and encourage you to take steps towards reaching your short and long term goals.
Let’s get into my weekly intentions for February 17th-February 23rd:
- Hydrate. I want to consume more water. I find that when I am at home, I drink water-no problem. But I have a hard time keeping up with my water intake when I am at work. However, this week I am setting the intention to drink at least 75 oz a day or ~ 3-4 refills of my Swell water bottle.
- Exercise. I want to get back into the routine of going to the gym. This winter has been especially tough on my motivation to get to the gym. However, I want to make it to the gym three times this week.
- Read before bed. I want to get into the habit of reading at least four nights a week before bed. I intend on reading instead of watching a youtube video or scrolling mindlessly on Instagram.
- Meditate. This is something I would like to get back into. There was a time a couple of months ago where I meditated every single night. And I felt incredible as a result. I want to get back into the routine of meditating either after work or before going to sleep. Ideally, I would love to meditate in the morning before getting ready for work…but I don’t think I am there yet. Maybe one day.
- Create additional content. I plan on creating more content on my blog and Instagram. Content that coincides with my authentic self and bigger vision/mission of my brand. In the past, I have had the tendency to shy away from posting a lot of content *insert long list of excuses here*. But this week, I would like to post at least three times on my Instagram and create at least ONE blog post.
- Purposefully do something that is outside of my comfort zone. Whether that is in life, on my blog or my Instagram…I want to encourage myself to do something that is outside of my comfort zone. I am not entirely sure what that looks like but stay tuned…
Do you set weekly, monthly or yearly intentions? I would love to hear what you are working towards this week!
I am rooting for you.